COVID-19 UPDATE PAGE
Iacoi Law Office and Closing Procedures
Updated: April 8, 2020
Iacoi Law would like to emphasize that operations at our Boston, Providence and Westerly Offices are continuing without interruption.
For your own safety and the safety of all of our staff, we have updated our office access and closing policy:
1. As mandated by the State of Rhode Island and Commonwealth of Massachusetts, we will not allow more than 5 people in the building at once, including employees. This may mean that waiting in your car until it is your turn to come in to sign will be a reality.
2. Anyone who is not signing should not attend the closing. Although we fully understand that realtors and loan officers are an integral part of the process, at this time they cannot be in attendance. Please be available by telephone or email for your client.
3. All Purchase Transactions will be held in either our Providence conference room at 171 Broadway, Providence, Rhode Island, or Boston office located at Lewis Wharf Bay 228, Boston, MA. The attorney will dictate who will be in the room and when. We will be sterilizing each conference room before and after each closing.
4. Please bring your own blue pen, or use one of our sterilized pens.
5. We will make available to you plastic or latex gloves to use and dispose of after your closing.
6. The State of Rhode Island has authorized Remote Online Notarization (RON). Whenever possible, we will be conducting all Refinance transactions via Remote Online Notarization. You will receive a completed package from us along with a Federal Express return envelope. You will then be sent an invitation from DocVerify to begin the Remote Online Notarization Process. Our attorney will join you by secure audio-video technology where he will be available to answer any questions you may have and you will expressly authorize him to notarize your documents. The law requires us to record this and store securely for your safety. You will also provide copies of your driver’s license(s) when you return your package. After your session ends, you will place all documents and copies of your drivers license into the Federal Express envelope or drop them in our mail slot at our office at 171 Broadway, Providence, RI 02903. Alternatively, you may arrange to meet us in the parking lot to drop off the documents and confirm your identity.
7. Please provide your email address and we will send you a secure message containing a copy of your loan documents after the closing.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please email us at
closings@Iacoi-Law.com. as this is received by all staff whether remotely or at our offices. You may also call Jim Iacoi directly at 401-265-3183 or John Iacoi at 617-759-9000, and we will respond in a timely manner.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time and we will all get through this together.
You can also find official COVID-19 guidelines for Massachusetts here, and for Rhode Island here.