COVID-19 UPDATE PAGE
Iacoi Law Office and Loan Closing Procedures
Updated: June 10, 2020
Iacoi Law would like to emphasize that operations at our Boston, Providence and Westerly Offices are continuing without interruption.
For your own safety and the safety of all of our staff, we have updated our office access and closing policy:
1. As mandated by the State of Rhode Island and Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and for the protection of our clients and staff we are limiting the number of people who are permitted access to our office at a given time. This may mean that you may be waiting outside the office or in your car until you are permitted access.
2. Anyone who is not signing should not attend the closing. While we fully appreciate the integral part the loan officer and real estate agent broker play in each transaction, we must ask that their attendance at the Closing be restricted at this time. Please be available by telephone or email for your client(s).
3. All Purchase Transactions will be held in either our Providence conference room at 171 Broadway, Providence, Rhode Island, or Boston office located at Lewis Wharf Bay 228, Boston, MA. The attorney will dictate who will be in the room and when. We will be sterilizing each conference room before and after each closing.
4. Please bring your own blue pen, or use one of our sterilized pens.
5. Please bring your own facial covering. Whenever possible we will make available disposable masks and plastic or latex gloves to use and dispose of after your closing.
6. Refinance transactions will be scheduled to close with parties participating in supervised signing either in their motor vehicle, at your house, or in our office.
7. Please provide your email address and we will send you a secure message containing a copy of your loan documents after the closing.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please email us at closings@Iacoi-Law.com. as this is received by all staff whether remotely or at our offices. You may also call Jim Iacoi directly at 401-265-3183 or John Iacoi at 617-759-9000, and we will respond in a timely manner.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time and we will all get through this together.
You can also find official COVID-19 guidelines for Massachusetts here, and for Rhode Island here.